Austin Geological Society has about 470 members (active and inactive, including 55 students) in our membership database. However, for any given year there are about 150 active members (dues paid).
We invite you to become a member of the Austin Geological Society and share in our programs. Your membership will bring you:
- professional development hours for geoscientist licensing (TBPG);
- notice of AGS meetings with speakers;
- notice of upcoming AGS field trips to nearby areas of geological interest.
- social gatherings of geological professionals in the Austin area.
- a monthly newsletter to keep you informed of Society and regional news of interest to geologists.
- the opportunity to become acquainted with other geologists in the Austin area.
Article I, Section I, of the AGS Bylaws describes the following categories of, and requirements for, membership in the AGS:
To be eligible for Active Membership, an applicant shall have a degree in geology from a recognized college or university, or the equivalent experience, or have been actively engaged in the application of geology or related scientific or professional work for a minimum of two years.
Consideration of Honorary Membership shall be based on continued dedication and service to the Austin Geological Society. Honorary members shall be selected by the Executive Board. Any Active Member may submit the name of an individual to the Executive Board for consideration as an Honorary Member.
Any person who is a student in good standing, studying for a degree in geology or related science, is eligible for Student Membership. Student Members shall not be eligible to vote or hold elective office.
Membership fees are due at the beginning of September but are welcome at any time.
New and Renewal Active Member ($25 dues/year)
New and Renwal Student Member (No Charge)
AGS thanks the following Honorary Members for their dedication and service to the Austin Geological Society.
- Robert E. Boyer
- Rizer Everett
- William L. Fisher
- William R. Muehlberger
- James W. Sansom
- Jerry Wermund
- Charles M. Woodruff