The Austin Geological Society Bulletin is a venue for publication of geoscientific papers and notes of local to regional interest. Items may be published at any time during the year. Guidelines for publication are described on the instructions page.
- Book Review: Texas Through Time: Lone Star Geology, Landscapes, and Resources (2016) by Thomas E. Ewing, review by Peter R. Rose, 2017, AGS Bulletin April 2017.
Note: From 2005 to 2014 the AGS Bulletin was published once a year as a PDF. The Bulletin summarized significant AGS news and events from the preceding year, including the abstracts of talks. It was also a forum for publication of geoscientific papers and notes of regional interest.
- Excursions of Mining Solution at the Kingsville Dome In-situ Leach Uranium Mine, George Rice, 2013, AGS Bulletin Vol.9
- Historical Observations of Drought and Floods in Austin, Texas: An Interview with Dr. Jack Schneider, Brian B. Hunt, 2013, AGS Bulletin Vol.9
- The Geology of the Cypress Creek Watershed, Wimberley Area, Texas, Alex S. Broun, Leslie Llado, Douglas A. Wierman, and Andrew H. Backus, 2008, AGS Bulletin Vol.4
- Select Springs of the Austin Area: Descriptions and Associated Hydrogeology, Alan J. Cherepon, 2010, AGS Bulletin Vol.6
- 1966 UT Tower Shooting: Memories and Vantage of a Tragic Day by a Geologist, James W. Sansom, Jr., 2012, AGS Bulletin Vol.8
- No submitted geoscientific papers or notes.
- Austin Geologic Society: Early History and Recollections, James W. Sansom, Jr., and Ernest T. Baker, Jr., 2008, AGS Bulletin Vol.4
- How Not To Do a Hydrologic Dye Study, Or How I Screwed Up Again Without Even Trying, Raymond Slade, Jr., 2008, AGS Bulletin Vol. 4
- Gravity—A Personal Encounter, C.M. Woodruff, Jr., 2008, AGS Bulletin Vol.4
- Edwards Aquifer Monitoring Well at Austin Community College, Robert H. Blodgett, Cindy A. Carr, and John S. Conners, 2007, AGS Bulletin Vol.3
- Geologic Mapping for the Texas STATEMAP Program, Edward W. Collins, 2007, AGS Bulletin Vol.3
- Legislation related to Groundwater Resources from the 80th Texas Legislature, Robert E. Mace, 2007, AGS Bulletin Vol.3
- Stratigraphic Distribution of Cave Volume in the Edwards Limestone, Southern Travis County, Texas, William H. Russell, 2007, AGS Bulletin Vol.3
- The Great Debate and a Few Related Recollections, Leslie P. White, 2007, AGS Bulletin Vol.3
- Beyond Outcrops and Cores—Bridging the Gulf Between Geologists and Civil Engineers in Austin, Texas, C.M. Woodruff, Jr., 2007, AGS Bulletin Vol.3
- Precambrian basement aquifer, Llano Uplift, Central Texas, Brian B. Hunt 2006, AGS Bulletin Vol.2
- Defining groundwater flow characteristics in the Northern Segment of the Edwards aquifer based on groundwater chemistry, Ian C. Jones, 2006, AGS Bulletin Vol.2
- History of water well completions and uses at the State Capitol, 1857 to 1997 Robert L. Bluntzer, 2006, AGS Bulletin Vol.2
- Historical groundwater use in Texas, Sarah C. Davidson, 2006, AGS Bulletin Vol.2
- Historical observations of hydrology in Texas—The 1850 report to the U.S. Senate by the Corps of Topographical Engineers, Robert E. Mace, 2006, AGS Bulletin Vol.2
- Dye tracing recharge features under high-flow conditions, Onion Creek, Barton Springs segment of the Edwards aquifer, Hays County, Texas, Brian B. Hunt, Brian A. Smith, Stefani Campbell, Joseph Beery, Nico Hauwert, and David Johns, 2005, AGS Bulletin Vol.1
- Inner Space Cave: Discovery and geological and paleontological investigations, James W. Sansom, Jr., and Ernest Lundelius, Jr., 2005, AGS Bulletin Vol.1
- The spatial distribution of radiological contaminants in the Hickory aquifer and other aquifers overlying the Llano Uplift, Central Texas, Allan R. Standen and Jeffery A. Kane, 2005, AGS Bulletin Vol.1
- Effects of urbanization and structural runoff controls on water quality of streams in the Austin, Texas area, Raymond M. Slade, Jr. 2005, AGS Bulletin Vol.1